- The popular Bitcoin derivatives exchange BitMEX has taken a step towards improving its trade surveillance and AML efficiency endeavors by collaborating with Eventus Systems.
- Founded in 2013, Eventus is a global provider of multi-asset trade surveillance and market risk solutions.
- BitMEX will integrate the cloud-based version of the Eventus Validus platform with its already existing processes in the upcoming weeks. As a result, the exchange will “be able to more efficiently screen out bad actors and increase proactive monitoring for unauthorized trading activity on the BitMEX platform.”
- Malcolm Wright, who was recently appointed as the new Chief Compliance Officer of the 100x Group, said that this is an essential step for the exchange to “mature our compliance capabilities.” He highlighted Eventus’s substantial experience in the field as the main reason for choosing its services.
- Eventus Systems CEO Travis Schwab noted that his company had been primarily focused on the traditional finance field until recently. However, they have invested “considerable resources in the past year to add functionality to support major digital asset market operators.” He believes that BitMEX is on the right path towards bolstering its AML and surveillance efforts.
- This partnership appears to be a direct response to the recent controversy at BitMEX. Last month, the US CFTC charged the owners for illegally operating a crypto derivatives exchange and, coincidently, anti-money laundering violations.
EV manufacturer Tesla has helped to patch a bug found on Bitcoin’s open-source payment processor and wallet BTCPay Server.…